Eclipse and Java in PLD

Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Sun Mar 6 19:48:35 CET 2005

Dnia 06-03-2005, nie o godzinie 17:39 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe napisał(a):
> On Sunday 06 March 2005 00:32, Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> > How do I build Eclipse for PLD? I need one running on my machine.
> >
> > According to spec file, Eclipse requires jakarta-ant to build.
> >
> > jakarta-ant - in turn - requires jakarta-regexp
> >
> > while jakarta-regexp requires jakarta-ant
> >
> > As none of these are currently distributed I ran into a dependency loop.
> > How do I build Eclipse then?
> >
> > Anyway: jakarta requires some java-sun specific functionality while some
> > of the jakarta plugins mark gcc-java as needed which leads to a conflict
> > between gcc-java-tools and java-sun-jre-tools both being required.

I managed to build jakarta-ant partially by building --with
basic_functionality first, then jakarta-regexp. I still have problems
building the rest of jakarta-ant dependencies to build full jakarta-ant.

> if you have success on it, make document in www.pld-linux.org wiki, since i
> ran into similiar loop, and besides it turned out that java-sun 1.5 was too
> big (incomplete), so i needed to start all over with java-sun 1.4. but now
> seems the provides that i was lacking is there:
>
> $Log: java-sun.spec,v $
> Revision 1.89  2005/02/24 18:10:28  qboosh
> - j2se 1.5 contains jaxp 1.3

Yes, it's there but not for 1.4. packages like cryptix fail to build on
1.5, I did not try to force them to build in 1.4 compatibility mode yet.

> btw, what's the difference with java-sun.spec and java-sun-jre.spec?

java-sun-jre is built from the j2se jre package while java-sun is built
from the complete SDK. One day we might meet the license requirements to
distribute the first but the latter has to be built on the user's side.

--
Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org>