freetype 2.1.7 is broken - 2.1.9 in AC

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Wed Mar 16 12:02:44 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 of March 2005 10:56, havner wrote:

> > last entry:
> > revision 1.25
> > date: 2005/01/10 08:41:50;  author: glen;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
> > - progress update
> >
> > Began on 2005/01/07 and ended somewhere near 2005/01/10.
> > The idea was born earlier but the work began on 07 jan.
>
> I'm talking about our first talks about 4.1 in AC, which was in late
> 2004 (you wanted me to send 4.1 to ac then and promised to check all
> mysql depenendat things, then silence, and _finnaly_ you checked them
> with glen). It took about 4 months when all 4.1 dependant packages
> appeared on ftp.
So you are talking about ,,talking'' while I talk about really doing the job.

We started doing mysql 4.1 work alone, *when we knew* that mysql 4.1 is _very
likely_ to be in AC if everything will work correctly (noone likes to see his
job results in /dev/null). It took few days to check compilation of mysql
dependant packages. Count from 2005/01/07 because work STARTED then.

> You're right, but 115 is a lot. It's enought you'll leave me with 10-15
> not buildable packages as you used to do.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but my proposal doesn't mean that I volunteer to
do everything to get it done. I can do what free time and real live stuff
allows me.

Our freetype is buggy (it took few hours with help from kpdf developer to find
this one) and I want to make it fixed somehow while you deny everything I say
without even considering it. I preffer impartial opinions.

> WHat arekm said about unfinished setup.spec (which he broke leaving
> unfinished iana stuff).
> #pld
> [10:50:48] <+arekm> havner: no i ? skończ do końca jak chcesz. Ty
> zaczales robic jako RM ac i kurwa nie skonczyles
Nervous ansfer for your accusations. If I didn't ,,finish'' setup then it _has
to mean_ that you didn't ,,finish'' AC. See stupidity in this.

As I already said to you. setup was working perfectly fine for me when I did
my own testing. Other people reported regresion - fine, place a bug in our
BTS, revert package to last know working version or fix the thing but you
*cannot* expect that I'll fix all regressions in software update that will
show with time!

There is only one way to avoid regressions. DO NOTHING (some people are doing
exactly that and are free of such ,,talks'' but also do not give anything to
PLD).

There is AC-branch on setup.spec on one revision before introducing iana-etc
if anyone cares.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/