PLD installation report

Denis Ovsienko pilot at altlinux.ru
Sat Nov 19 19:42:40 CET 2005

Hi all.
I have installed my first PLD system. I was using QEMU, the latest PLD
rescue and web-site ("Installing PLD based on Rescue CD"):
http://docs.pld-linux.org/instalacjarc_install_core.html
There are some erros which render the manual unusable:

# poldek --root /dest --mkdir -i FHS
No such option: --mkdir

A working sequence for me was:
# rpm --root /dest --initdb
# poldek --root /dest -i FHS
# poldek --root /dest -i lilo SysVinit rc-scripts poldek FHS geninitrd \
pico bash mc openssl dev pcre xfsprogs login shadow modutils --nodeps

# poldek -i kernel
There is no such package 'kernel'. I installed 'kernel-grsecurity'
instead.
# generate-modprobe.conf > /etc/modprobe.conf
Doesn't seem to work, until reboot.

Further text offers GRUB configuration as an option, but we did not
install grub package. It is installable though.

# cp /etc/sysconfig/network /dest/etc/sysconfig
# cp /etc/sysconfig/interfaces/ifcfg-eth0 /dest/sysconfig/interfaces/
We don't configure module for eth0, thus it can't be brought up. I
changed my /etc/modutils.conf:
#install eth0 /bin/true
install eth0 /sbin/modprobe ne2k-pci

fsck.ext2 is required by system startup scripts, but e2fsprogs is not
installed by default.
If we install zebra, we get chkconfig (that's right). But zebra is
installed before chkconfig, not after.
If we change /dev entry in fstab from noauto to auto, mingetty will not
work upon reboot.

At the moment that's all my surprises.

--
    DO4-UANIC