SPECS: munin.spec - added apache config and pre/post scripts - sim...

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Fri Oct 7 00:43:19 CEST 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 01:13, Jan Rekorajski wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > On Friday 07 October 2005 00:48, baggins wrote:
> > > Author: baggins                      Date: Thu Oct  6 21:48:17 2005 GMT
> > > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > > ---- Log message:
> > > - added apache config and pre/post scripts
> > > - simplify use of sysconfdir macro
> > > - move html stuff to /home/services/httpd/html/munin
> >
> > grrr
> >
> > http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/PLD-doc/devel-hints-en.txt
> > http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/PLD-doc/devel-hints-pl.txt
> >
> > section "Apache version independant packages"
> >
> > read and follow.
>
> Forget it.
> IMO it's pure bullshit for apache 1.3.x, forcing web server upgrade for
> a simple cgi is nonsense.
you perhaps didn't understand. there's no upgrade involved. it's same apache
restart as there is for apache2, just using that technology the webserver is
not forced to be apache2.

plus triggers adds a bonus that you don't need to install munin after
webserver install, configs get linked to apache when apache gets installed.

> BTW I just copy-pasted those scripts from some random spec.
that's called inconsistency. i guess nobody wants to change all random
hundreds of specs related to apache, i guess ...

> > and /home/services shouldn't be used too, (don't know where it's written)
>
> Nowhere. And there is no better place.  I'm not going to spread
> dynamically genarated html files all over the system.
dynamically generated files should  go to /var/lib or not packaged at all.

--
glen