cvs vs svn...

wrobell wrobell at pld-linux.org
Fri Sep 9 10:40:55 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 23:18 +0200, Jan Rekorajski wrote:

> > > Is it really that important? After 6 years of work with our CVS I can't
> > > remember needing it.
> >
> > Then how would you/did you ever revert a non-trivial release? Probably
> > the least manual way is to `cvs diff` for the change being reverted,
> > editing the result (sed or vim) to strip the changes in the changelog
> > and `patch -R` the result, then commit. Any easier way?
>
> Been there, done that,
> cvs up -r <revision to revert to> some.spec ; mv some.spec some.spec.tmp ; \
> cvs up -A some.spec ; mv some.spec.tmp some.spec ; cvs ci some.spec

1. compare it to just: "svn revert"
2. with cvs you have network connection (try it on bus :)
3. you have to repeat the same for patches

so i think that it really makes life easier in this case (and yes,
i was missing disconneted revert feature two days ago).

[svn log] -> few days please.

[...]

   wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org>