cvs vs svn... (Re: SOURCES: ghostscript-afpl-am.patch (NEW),

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Fri Sep 9 17:57:48 CEST 2005

On Friday 09 of September 2005 17:19, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:

> > How would I make "cvs up SPECS" (without getting any SOURCES) then?
>
> /me would like also to do sth like:
>
> rsync -a some-rsync-pld-server::cvs/SPECS
>
> (and minimizing network activity while doing this, of course)

Do you remember about atomic commits in svn? It's not possible due to that
(and atomic commits is much important feature than rsyncing specs only).

It's possible to provide rsync access to the whole tree but without history -
then you will be able to fetch specs only for example.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/