SPECS: adapter.awk - kill some more macros

Tomasz Wittner twittner at o2.pl
Sun Sep 25 19:59:28 CEST 2005

On Sun 25. of September 2005 15:00, Paweł Gołaszewski wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, glen wrote:
> > Author: glen                         Date: Sun Sep 25 11:53:39 2005 GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - kill some more macros
> [...]
> > +	gsub("^%{__install}", "install")
> > +	gsub("^%{__tar}", "tar")
> > +	gsub("^%{__rm}", "rm")
>
> I don't know if it's good to remove this macros.
I agree with you - IMO it isn't.
> I think we should implement them. In the beggining it could be simple
> command, the same. But some could want to replace i.e. tar with star,
> which is faster.
... and buggy or/and incompatible with GNU tar (star was invoked as `gnutar'
in this case). I wasted a lot of time, when I tried to build kdevelop - star
has problems with processing multiple arguments:
gnutar -cf gnu.tar -C ./gnu AUTHORS  COPYING \
    ChangeLog  INSTALL  NEWS  README  TODO
gnutar: No such file or directory. Cannot stat 'ChangeLog'.
gnutar: No such file or directory. Cannot stat 'INSTALL'.
gnutar: No such file or directory. Cannot stat 'NEWS'.
gnutar: No such file or directory. Cannot stat 'README'.
gnutar: No such file or directory. Cannot stat 'TODO'.

In the end I've added `BC: star' to kdevelop.spec. So star it isn't a good
reason for using macro %__tar instead plain command ;).

--
Tomasz Wittner