RPM unified?

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Fri Dec 15 10:26:20 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 10:05:18AM +0100, Michał Łukaszek wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> http://rpm.org/
>
> Do we have anyone collaborating with them?
> AFAIK we're the distribution which has the most patched RPM ever ;)

I don't think so. E.g. SuSE's binary patches are bigger change.

> why not share the ideas in current circumstances?

Let's see what happens there for some time.
They start from rpm 4.4.2 codebase and we are using newer rpm (4.4.6+)
on HEAD, which contains some improvements (repackaging fixes, UTF-8
descriptions support, uname() capabilities...).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/