[Th] geninitrd borked?

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1 at srem.org
Tue Dec 19 22:03:20 CET 2006

Dnia wtorek, 19 grudnia 2006 21:49, Cezary Krzyzanowski napisał:
> Dnia 19-12-2006, wto o godzinie 20:21 +0100, Łukasz Jernaś napisał(a):
> rc-scripts?? I didn't touch rc-scripts at all. I could have the root
> mounted ro in initrd - that is a point.

It would be a good idea, there's no need for an rw root while initrd is
running, it's set by rc-scripts after checking the partition.

> > Oh, and BTW when trying to use bootsplash
>
> Bootsplash? I didn't touch bootsplash. Do the new kernels in PLD support
> bootsplash at all?? Don't they support fbsplash as default?

No idea, I've just run geninitrd -v -f initrd-2.6.16.36-1.gz 2.6.16.36-1 and
it "included" bootsplash by default, although I have fbsplash installed too.

> > cannot find rootfs - looks like initrd isn't even started in that case.
>
> Do You use initramfs as initrdfs, or old initrd ?? I must say as I have
> some idea what could be wrong with the rw/ro matter, but this just
> doesn't get to me.

See above - I didn't touch anything in /e/s/geninitrd

> P.S.
> Thx for the feedback. I don't have much time now (5 weeks to give my
> engineers papers), but still this is my feature and I'll be assisting
> such matters at hand.

N/P - 5 weeks is a long time though, it was enough to start and end my
engineering project ;)

--
Łukasz [DeeJay1] Jernaś