[Th] geninitrd borked?

Cezary Krzyzanowski dhubleizh at o2.pl
Tue Dec 19 21:49:39 CET 2006

Dnia 19-12-2006, wto o godzinie 20:21 +0100, Łukasz Jernaś napisał(a):
> Hello.
>
> I can't get my system to work with geninitrd-8103-1
> rc-scripts fail when trying to check my root filesystem, because it's mounted
> read-write already.

rc-scripts?? I didn't touch rc-scripts at all. I could have the root
mounted ro in initrd - that is a point.

> Oh, and BTW when trying to use bootsplash

Bootsplash? I didn't touch bootsplash. Do the new kernels in PLD support
bootsplash at all?? Don't they support fbsplash as default?

> cannot find rootfs - looks like initrd isn't even started in that case.

Do You use initramfs as initrdfs, or old initrd ?? I must say as I have
some idea what could be wrong with the rw/ro matter, but this just
doesn't get to me.

> Maybe it's because I'm more of an Iron Maiden fan than Metallica? ;)

Yea - this is because of Your treacherous behavior ;)

Cz at rny
P.S.
Thx for the feedback. I don't have much time now (5 weeks to give my
engineers papers), but still this is my feature and I'll be assisting
such matters at hand.