SPECS: glibc.spec - comment on lib*_g.a files

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sun Dec 31 18:04:57 CET 2006

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 06:02:54PM +0100, qboosh wrote:
> Author: qboosh                       Date: Sun Dec 31 17:02:54 2006 GMT
> Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> ---- Log message:
> - comment on lib*_g.a files

> +#   (debuggable libraries built with frame pointers - -debug package?)
(they are produced only when glibc is built with --enable-omitfp)
> +#   %{_libdir}/libBrokenLocale_g.a
[...]

Nb. INSTALL file in glibc 2.5 says:

`--enable-omitfp'
     Use maximum optimization for the normal (static and shared)
     libraries, and compile separate static libraries with debugging
     information and no optimization.  We recommend not doing this.
     The extra optimization doesn't gain you much, it may provoke
     compiler bugs, and you won't be able to trace bugs through the C
     library.

Is --enable-omitfp really wanted?

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/