upgrade apache to 2.2

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Tue Jan 3 00:31:29 CET 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 00:15, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 20:37:54 +0200, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > then all apache packages (around 20!) should be conflicted, i don't think
> > mod_perl should be an exception. and adding conflicts where you should
> > just do --upgrade-dist is slightly overkill!
>
> So maybe all that zilions of dependencies are overkill?
what zillions of dependencies? where?

> And why should I do dist upgrade, I've just installed php-dom, which
> required new release of php, which required apache 2.2. I probably could
> put --nodeps and everything would be fine.
you're wrong here, you'll get broken symbols with --nodeps from php, unless it
segfaults before reaching so far :)

> If anything, then -release
> dependencies are overkill.
as said earlier, that mod_perl was not upgraded because older package was
broken (missing deps on %apache_modules_api). which is now fixed, ie it
shouldn't happen in the future of major apache version upgrade.

$ grep -c ^gotar: CVSROOT/users
1

feel free  to add the conflicts.

--