upgrade apache to 2.2

Marcin Król hawk at limanowa.net
Sat Jan 7 16:26:23 CET 2006

> That's actually a good thing. PHP5.0 is buggy and seriously broken from
> the coder's point of view (me) and causes proper code to behave badly
> under some circumstances.

I'm not php programmer so maybe php5.0 is buggy, I don't know and I
don't care. But it is impossible in even medium sized firm to say all
clients "sorry guys, php5.0 is buggy, I've installed 5.1 and you have to
live with it". Usually its vice versa: clients are phoning me "what the
*** you've done? all my php stuff stopped working. I pay you, so fix it
and fix it NOW". What I'm trying to say is: in some environments upgrade
simply can't be done "just so".

> Noone suggests such a thing. We are using Ac on production farm and are
> happy with it. The only thing being different - we upgrade developing
> environment first, production later. This way we are prepared for weird
> things that might happen (or even total breakage).

If you have test environment, its ok. But some people don't have (me for
example). And it doesn't matter I know I should have one. My boss says
"no" and I have to live with it.

M.