upgrade apache to 2.2

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Sat Jan 7 12:27:54 CET 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:59:32PM +0100, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 19:51:48 +0100, Patrys :: Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
>
> > Instead of trolling the lists, try to debug and provide a working fix so
>
> There's nothing to debug. This upgrade in my case means 'rewrite all the
> configuration, tell people their php won't run until they update it'.
> Same way as we don't change kernel/glibc/gcc/rpm within one distro line,
> we should not do this. There's no eaccelerator (as I see above, maybe
> already is), squirrelmail and probably dozen of other apps, and we don't
> have php50 support at all!

Want something more stable than C and C++ ABI within distro line?
So DO distro release twice a year and MAINTAIN each one for two years or
so.
With release cycle >3y nothing more can be done (unless everything
becomes Really Ancient long before release time).

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.cs.net.pl/