AC TODO [12/01/2006]

Marcin Król hawk at limanowa.net
Sat Jan 14 00:09:47 CET 2006

> Hawk, what's the status of bootdisks?

They are quite usable IMO. Bootdisk TODO is not closed yet, but I think
we can live without those things.

> I'm going to create ISO and DVD images with AC snapshot soon

Don't do it! Seriously. I've updated package definitions for installer
~4  weeks ago, but I'm sure that I'll have to update it again after AC
freeze (I mean, real freeze not the one we have now). For example, a
week ago or so base installation stopped working due to changes in
packages. Thats why I'm not building new bootdisks now. I don't see
sense in fixing installer again and again because of these changes (ie.
there are more apache sub-packages now - "server" installation type will
fail). When we will be sure that AC is really, _really_ frozen, I'll fix
installer for it.

Also iso-priority is completly out of date and will need updating. I
would like you to leave ISO things for me. Just let me know when AC will
reach _real_ freeze after which no package will change its
name/dependencies/disappear/appear etc. I'll update installer package
sets, iso-priority and generate, lets say, RC1 ISOs. Oh, and there is no
iso-priority for DVD at all. I'll have to create it.

> and puting bootdisks on them sounds like good idea for
> testing.

Agreed, but only after real freeze. Or ISOs will end the way previous
ones had. Most of installation sets were not working due to changes made
between creating bootdisks and ISOs.

M.