RPM changelog

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Fri Jun 9 02:28:59 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 14:07:36 +0200, Andrzej Krzysztofowicz wrote:

> If we talk about changelog info in a .spec file it is useful while working
> without CVS access (eg. server offline) - to have information about changes
> as complete as possible.

Agreed.

> If we talk about changelog in the rpm database probably one or two entries
> should fit your requirements. All they contain CVS versioning numbers.

The last one would be probably 'release X, STBR' and some other useless,
that's why I thought about sth like 20.

> Note, that there may be one as well as a hundred entries between subsequent
> package versions or even between subsequent releases.

The point is: how to cover changes in MOST packages without cluttering
rpm database?
And there's one thing I dream of - some way of marking importance of
update.

> Currently both changelogs are the same. But must they be?

They shouldn't IMHO.

--
GoTaR <priv0.onet.pl->gotar>        http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                    http://tccs.sourceforge.net/