PLD is not for non-Poles

Paweł Gołaszewski blues at pld-linux.org
Mon Jun 26 19:56:38 CEST 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Dirk Ullrich wrote:
> I'm a longstanding Debian user, but I thought it would be a good idea to
> broaden my Linux knowledge a bit. Thus I was looking for an RPM-based
> Linux distribution and and came across PLD. In my opinion PLD is by far
> the most interesting RPM-based distribution.

It's nice to hear that :D

> But there is a big grain of salt for somebody like me not being able to
> understand Polish: It seems the nearly all interesting communication is
> done in Polish.

It's not true.

But - since most developers are from Poland and every human is lazy - we
are sometimes talking on polish list.
Some of us are not good in english (me too :) ).

> That's a pitty since this fact prevents me from becoming an active
> member of the PLD community.

Say what you want to say in english. Most of us are using english list and
you shouldn't care of rest of people :)

> Although you state at PLD's main web page that the "P" in "PLD" does not
> stand in for "Polish" or something alike it should to properly
> characterize PLD.

Long time ago we have decided that it's PLD Linux Distribution.

> Of course I would much prefer to see PLD switching to a 'truly
> internationalized' development (and user) model. But I'm afraid that
> this would not happen soon.

We have few foreign developers (USA, estonian...).
i.e.: glen is doing a lot of things.

> It's a great pity since I have now to look for another, less interesting
> RPM-based distribution.

You don't have ;) You wan't to. ;P