SPECS: xen.spec - enable PAE by default on archs supporting it

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Thu Jun 29 22:23:57 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 10:34:45AM +0200, Paweł Gołaszewski wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, jajcus wrote:
> > Author: jajcus                       Date: Thu Jun 29 06:30:52 2006 GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - enable PAE by default on archs supporting it
> [...]
> > +%ifnarch i686 athlon pentium3 pentium4
> > +%define		with_pae	0
> > +%endif
> [...]
>
> Look at kernel.spec on LINUX_2_6 branch. It was disabled there because
> some machines do not support PAE (at least some SONOMA chips).

I was doing it for kernel on LINUX_2_6_16 (anything else probably won't
work with current Xen). And PAE is enabled there for SMP, I enabled it
also for UP with Xen (so we don't need both SMP and UP xen version.

My reasons are: when one sets up xen it will probably host many virtual
machines, so it will require a lot of memory. And 4GB is not a lot of
memory these days, so PAE-enabled Xen is more useful.

Greets,
        Jacek