[Ac] Mozilla removal?

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Wed May 10 08:06:02 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:59:44AM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 00:23, Marcin Król wrote:
> > > Try to extend _noautoreqdep in seamonkey.spec.
> > > both -libs contain some libs not listed in this macro:
> > > libgtkembedmoz.so
> > > libldap50.so
> > > libprldap50.so
> > > libssldap50.so
> > > libxpistub.so
> > > libxlibrgb.so
> >
> > I'll check. However I still don't understand whats the difference
> > between my builder and Ac builder :)

Do you have mozilla-libs or other gecko-based libraries installed?
Probably you have 0 or >=2 packages which provide offending library
and package name dependency is not added in such case.

> mozilla-libs installed vs not installed at build time, as if it's true as
> qboosh says, the mozilla-libs dep comes via autoreqdep from
> libgtkembedmoz.so (or any other)
>
> i've seen this also this autoreqdep doing bad things in case of package splits
> (apache*-mod_perl.spec)
>
> perhaps rpm should be updated not to autoreqdep on sonames that package itself
> provides?

In more cases libraries are in other subpackage, but skipping autoreqdep
on sonames from all subpackages would be harder.

Anyway, autoreqdep is disabled in Th because it was decided to make
poldek obligatory and ease RM's job at the cost of packagers'.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.cs.net.pl/