browser-plugins

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Tue Sep 5 22:23:09 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 23:14, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> How do we handle things like totem? It used to provide one file named
> totem_mozilla.so. Now it provides:
>
> [patrys at meaw ~]$ rpm -ql browser-plugin-totem
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libtotem-basic-plugin.so
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libtotem-basic-plugin.xpt
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.xpt
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libtotem-gmp-plugin.xpt
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
> /usr/lib/browser-plugins/libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.xpt
>
> rpm build macros check only for first installation so this renders
> consecutive upgrade attempts useless. Can anyone fix the macro? I'm not
> really into rpm macros nor do I have the time to learn them now.

use trigger and -f switch to install/remove new filenames.
like:

# as rpm removes the old obsoleted package files after the triggers
# are ran, add another trigger to make the links there.
%triggerpostun -n browser-plugin-%{name} -- mozilla-plugin-%{name}
%nsplugin_install -f -d %{_libdir}/mozilla/plugins libtotem_mozilla.{so,xpt}

%triggerpostun -n browser-plugin-%{name} -- mozilla-firefox-plugin-%{name}
%nsplugin_install -f -d %{_libdir}/netscape/plugins libtotem_mozilla.{so,xpt}

hmm....
but as you can't have same trigger on same package name,
all you can do is to add -f  to the install trigger... sad

--
glen