xmltv and perl build

Radoslaw Zielinski radek at pld-linux.org
Fri Sep 22 17:22:40 CEST 2006

Elan Ruusamäe <glen at delfi.ee> [22-09-2006 15:11]:
> On Friday 22 September 2006 13:11, Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
>>> still fails on AC, some bad BR?
>> No, lack of policy for handling cases, when perl is distributed with
>> a module in version newer or equal than one we have distributed
>> separately.
> what about policy that we don't bundle the packages in perl-modules?

IIRC, we kept (some of) them separate in perl 5.6.  While preparing
5.8.0, my goals included:

* allow coexistence of different perl versions (I was hoping, that some
  day RPM will start to handle multiple packages with the same name
  nicely -- silly me)
* "poldek -i perl" installs whatever modules come with the perl tarball.

Right now, both are fulfilled.  I'm not too convinced if the first one
is actually useful, though.  Installing separate perl in /usr/local is
way easier, than dealing with RPM.

> additional pros on that is that the base perl install gets smaller.

What would you like to strip?

PS  I consider it to be rude: publishing e-mail without asking first.

--
Radosław Zieliński <radek at pld-linux.org>