packaging rules

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed Aug 1 21:07:35 CEST 2007

Is there anything against switching all NameObsoletes (Obsoletes: gdm
in kdm etc.) to conflicts or dropping them altogether?

I am the admin and I want to decide what to install with what. If I
want 2 login managers, that's my problem, if I want 3 smtp services,
that's my problem.

Secondly, all managers except poldek try to "upgrade" gdm to kdm and
vice-versa, exim to postfix and back etc.

Obsoletes is there to mean "that package is no longer supported," not
"mutually exclusive, replace as you wish."

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content