vim languages

wrobell wrobell at pld-linux.org
Tue Aug 7 15:53:43 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 03:34:33PM +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> On 8/7/07, wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> > current vim shall not be "full". for very long period of time there were no
> > complaints because of vim "non-fullness" if i remember well :]
>
> I use a custom build with python.

well.. me too, so maybe you and me should create vim-python package.

> > maybe everyone is on holidays now, but it seems that switching off
> > languages is ok for now. if somebody needs all of them, then... vim-full?
>
> Why switch off all languages?

imho, nobody needs such cow (see my first e-mail, please). i really do not
see why i should have ruby (or tcl) installed for vim only. and if i reckon
well we do not have any package in CVS, which uses ruby on vim level. for
python you have at least bicyclerepairman.

> Minimalistic vim is called vim-static.

but i do not want minimalistic vim.

regards,

    wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org>