SOURCES: logrotate.conf - do log rotation daily and keep 2 weeks.

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Tue Dec 25 16:53:23 CET 2007

On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 15:17:05 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:

> Me neither. Even development environments produce enough logs to kill

Let me repeat: it's just DEFAULT, if you create any environment you
should adjust this parameter among with others. Default PLD instalation
IS NOT development environment.

> a vserver before rotation occurs. Not all machines have access to
> multigigabyte hard drives.

Ordinary modern computer does have 'multigigabyte hard drives'. If you
don't - please change defaults on your own.

> We can do better than default.

Yep - maybe I'll change rotate to monthly with 24 months history,
because EU law enforces 2 yrs retention?

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>