SPECS: qt4.spec - adapter

Rafał Cygnarowski zswi at pers.pl
Thu Jun 21 11:03:42 CEST 2007

Dnia czwartek, 21 czerwca 2007, Radoslaw Zielinski napisał:
> Rafał Cygnarowski <zswi at pers.pl> [21-06-2007 10:14]:
> > Dnia środa, 20 czerwca 2007, glen napisał:
>
> [...]
>
> >>  %files -n QtCore-devel -f QtCore-devel.files
> >> +%defattr(644,root,root,755)
> >
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > This change is wrong.
>
> Why do you think so?

Because 1. it's already there 2. it's less readable now (so bugs prone).

> > Qt*-devel.files already contains this and it's
> > respected. If this is done by adapter, then adapter needs to be fixed.
> > Remove these lines, please.
>
> All %files sections should begin with %defattr; no exceptions.
And there is no exception in this situation.

> This
> cuts down the time needed to wonder if it's needed here and just missing
> or defined somewhere else...  Consider it a policy.
If someone(tm) took care of it to be right, then it's not policy but too smart
adapter... In the same way I could check every thing 100 times to be sure
that one variable is set correctly but one place is enough if done right in
right place.

Regards,
--
Rafał Cygnarowski