broken pl LC_TIME

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Fri Jun 22 14:52:45 CEST 2007

Tomasz Pala wrote:
> > Numeric mm is NOT month name _abbreviayion_.
>
> Yep. Roman numeric neither. These abbreviations don't exist thus we use
> numbers. Arabic numbers.

It is used instead of non-existent abreviation.

What do you suggest to use if you want to write "17 lutego" shortly?
"17.02" (eg.: <start of a sentence> 17.02 <end of the sentence>)

IMO 17.II is less misleading. But if you do not agree, talk to glibc-locale
people (and do not forget to document your arguments with examples of current
use).

> > IMO I/II/III is better than sty/lut/mar.
>
> Roman numbers ARE NOT abbreviations. They are obsoleted form of writing
> dates in numeric.

Yeah. Don't forget to document that this form is no longer in use :)

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz                  ankry at mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 19 36
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology