SoC alternative

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Tue Mar 20 09:23:50 CET 2007

Hi,

My employer, Immediate Technical Solutions Ltd., is currently
evaluating the possibility of sponsoring our project. Their main goal
is to turn PLD into a desktop-ready distribution but are not willing
to duplicate the whole project (OpenBIZ-like).

There are two models possible:

- Contract some of the developers full-time
- Set a bounty list along with rewards and let the community organize itself

Not to worry anyone, they are not trying to change any part of our
philosophy. The first targets would most probably be a working
Anaconda installation CD/DVD and a PyGTK poldek shell (using
python-poldek, not wrapping the binary).

The ultimate goal is to be able to offer PLD to some hardware suppliers in UK.

I'd love to hear your opinions and I need to know if anyone would be
interested in participating.

Also, please forward this email to pld-discuss as I am unable to send
anything there for quite some time (like a year maybe), my messages
sent there just disappear.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content