[ac-ready] geninitrd-8381-1 gives me ... - killall

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Tue Mar 20 14:19:39 CET 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 15:13:56 Marek Guevara Braun wrote:
> Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> > try r8385
>
> It works. But I have got another issue with the new geninitrd, probably
> busybox-initrd related. Between  release 8286 and 8381 there was change
> near line 1088: "kill udevd" was replaced by "killall udevd" [1] but
> generated initrd image does not contain killall binary. It complains

why are you using udev on initrd on ac? it never worked there, or does it do
anything for you?

anyway most likely your busybox doesn't contain the applet:
# /bin/initrd-busybox killall
initrd-busybox: applet not found

i was thinking of adding check to geninitrd to check for required applets.

--
glen