[ac-ready] geninitrd-8381-1 gives me ... - killall

Marek Guevara Braun marek.guevara at atm.com.pl
Tue Mar 20 14:13:56 CET 2007

Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> try r8385

It works. But I have got another issue with the new geninitrd, probably
busybox-initrd related. Between  release 8286 and 8381 there was change
near line 1088: "kill udevd" was replaced by "killall udevd" [1] but
generated initrd image does not contain killall binary. It complains
about "killall: no such file or directory". And even if we add sth like
"cd bin && ln -s initrd-busybox killall" I'm affraid we will not obtain
properly working killall:

$ rpm -q busybox-initrd
busybox-initrd-1.00-3
$ cd
$ ln -s /bin/initrd-busybox killall
$ export PATH=.:$PATH
$ which killall
./killall
$ killall
BusyBox v1.00 (2007.03.09-13:34+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
   or: [function] [arguments]...

        BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
        utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
        link to busybox for each function they wish to use, and BusyBox
        will act like whatever it was invoked as.

Currently defined functions:
        [, ash, awk, basename, busybox, cat, chroot, dirname, echo, false,
        freeramdisk, halt, ifconfig, insmod, losetup, ls, mkdir, mknod,
        mount, pivot_root, poweroff, pwd, raid_start, reboot, rm, route,
        sh, switchroot, test, true, udhcpc, umount, usleep

For simple kill it works like expected:
$ ln -s /bin/initrd-busybox kill
$ which kill
./kill
$ kill
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ...
or kill -l [sigspec]

Regards,
Marek

send cc: to pld-devel-en