Idea - schematic information in %description

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Thu May 3 14:57:40 CEST 2007

If you want package categories, please add as a separate tag, not by
overloading description.

What really needs to be done is to attach a category hierarchy with,
but not in,
packaging. Rebuilding a package to change hierarchy is too burdensome.

I can/will add a header extension tag to rpm for any reasonably
designed format
for hierarchical categories of packages.

I suggest as a representation language YAML, but XML will work too.

The connections betweeen the categories and packages should be
specific enough to tag a single unique instance of a package using
pkgid or hdrid, as well as broad enough to match all packages with
same name.

The hierarchy identifiers should be internationalized as well.

hth

73 de Jeff