[RFC] Repository layout change / Zmiana układu repo

Jan Rekorajski baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl
Mon May 14 00:34:53 CEST 2007

 To: proper language list

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:

> Jan Rekorajski wrote:
> > Any thoughts? Comments?
>
> Yup. It was discussed to death. It doesn't fit to PLD.

It was always discussed in context of switching to SVN, never by itself.
And the oposition was against a screwed tag/branch design in SVN.

> And even more important is that qboosh doesn't like it. If he won't
> commit than we're all doomed so better don't mess with this stuff. (or
> invent something clever)

I'd like to see _his_ comments, not what _you_ think he thinks.

> Btw. I think we could get the required parameters from a custom system
> (possibly based on Mercurial since it's nice and in Python but it could
> be some other system) and that the off-the-shelf VCS are not for us.

IMO GIT is good (full disconnected operation), and _maybe_ SVN if it
wasn't screwed by design wrt tags.

Janek
--
Jan Rekorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?