[RFC] Repository layout change / Zmiana układu repo

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Tue May 15 01:39:33 CEST 2007

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 08:20:09PM +0200, Jan Rekorajski wrote:

> others.  But, if we want to switch to anything else, we have to change
> the repository layout from flat SPECS/SOURCES to dir-per-package,

1. I hate common SOURCES (and removing these files I don't need anymore).
For now I'm creating a SOURCES-<package> directory symlinked as SOURCES
to keep all that clean.
2. However - I would hate separated spec files too.

Why?
1. It's hard to group SOURCES files together (especially if not all of
them are <name>-*).
2. There's only one spec in SPECS, and sometimes spec files ARE bound
together somehow (to ease diff, use of template* or sth).

So I'd vote for:
1. decomposition of SOURCES,
2. keeping SPECS intact.

--