Console service for non-breakable fbsplash

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Mon May 14 13:06:50 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 10:29:29AM +0200, Cezary Krzyzanowski wrote:
> Dnia 14-05-2007, pon o godzinie 09:49 +0200, Jacek Konieczny napisał(a):
>
> > And fonts and keyboard input are set right on all the text consoles? I
> > doubt.
>
> Hm - I haven't spotted any problems. What to look for?? I've got utf-8
> polish terminals and all get set properly - I can read and write polish
> signs.

Sounds good.

> I've only removed the switches, all console magic is still there.

If the switches were not needed, then it is good they were removed.
Maybe they were required some time ago, but now the problem is fixed
somewhere else (newer kernel).

> Ok - I get the idea. Still, there's only one command issued that way and
> the service has many console manipulation commands.

Have you tried removing the redirections?  Have you tried the script
when booting with serial port as default console?

Greets,
        Jacek