[RFC] Repository layout change / Zmiana układu repo

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Mon May 14 23:14:38 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 06:07:32PM +0200, Mariusz Mazur wrote:
> Dnia poniedziałek, 14 maja 2007, Jan Rekorajski napisał:
> > That's what I did, just the other way, files copied to packages/* and
> > symlinked to SPECS/ and SOURCES/. Easy to make the script do it the
> > other way.
>
> Do it the other way then. Until we figure out a permanent packages/*
> structure, the old specs/sources tree should be the main one.
>
> Btw: not sure if hardlinks aren't a bad idea. How would cvsadmins handle
> renaming packages with the new stuff?

hardlinks probably are. I bet cvs won't handle them and just will leave
two different files. server-side symlinks generally work with cvs.

[...]
> Alternatively we can just start with a subset of all the packages. Maybe
> k*.spec? Considering that we'd have to test the scripts before making a full
> deployment, that sounds ok, right?

p* ;P
(to check scalability and check when perl/php/python* interested
developers go mad when updating packages in 1k dirs ;>)

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/