[Fwd: Re: [Th] Upgrade apport - jak rozumieć ten błąd?]

Tomasz Mateja tommat at pimpek.one.pl
Wed Apr 9 21:11:59 CEST 2008

Elan Ruusamäe pisze:
> On Wednesday 09 April 2008 21:25, Tomasz Mateja wrote:
>>> and if you definition of stable is old packages, why bother upgrading
>>> packages from ac-updates afterall?
>> updates was intended to security, bugfix updates. whats the difference
>> between ac/ti/th when you can update everything?? Maybe let's update RA
>> to kernel 2.6.25
>
> point me to the document where's written what for was intended purpose of
> ac-updates. however having just updates or just security won't work as
> updated packages depend on each other, so you end up needing for package in
> general a package security tree or vice versa.
>
> and easiest way to fix security issues is upgrade software, to catch up the
> patch from upstream. i haven't noticed active security team to patch and
> backport changes to old versions in pld. we don't have such developer power
> (and apparently no interest either) like debian does.

I don't think there is such document but in lists I can try to find and
translate - for sure it was on polish list.

I know we all are doing PLD in our spare time.
So maybe do not disperse time and forces to update AC leave this
working, maybe old but working. Prepare way to upgrade AC to TH/TI and
use force in mainstream.

--
T.