Re: [Fwd: Re: [Th] Upgrade apport - jak rozumieć ten błąd?]

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed Apr 9 21:35:25 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Tomasz Mateja <tommat at pimpek.one.pl> wrote:
> Patryk Zawadzki pisze:
> > On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Tomasz Mateja <tommat at pimpek.one.pl> wrote:
>  >> Patryk Zawadzki pisze:
>  >>  > Not everything and especially not some old floppy installation method :)
>  >>  Why not? Is it part of AC or not? If not - please remove this from ftp.
>  >
>  > Because debugging it is beyond interest of most developers. I simply
>  > see BluRay discs more often than working floppy drives. Current
>  > RescueCD is a great way to install the distro. There are also
>  > instructions for building a custom live CD and anaconda in our wiki.
>  >
>  Not true - all AC's (more than 100) I've installed were installed from
>  network floppy. But the question remains - are the images part of AC or
>  not? While booted they says PLD Linux 2.0 and they are in AC tree in ftp.
>  Another - quite old question is - Is PLD distribution for people or for
>  it's developers - if second is true please move all resources from
>  www/wiki to cvs/svn ;-P

My point is - if you see obvious flaws in the bootdisks and actually
care about their future use, please report bugs and submit fixes. The
rest of us does not have time to install PLD over and over using a
virtual machine just for the sake of supporting an old solution. I'm
not against the floppies, I just can't be bothered to fix them and I
believe the same is true for glen and other developers.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution