[Fwd: Re: [Th] Upgrade apport - jak rozumieć ten błąd?]

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Wed Apr 9 21:38:08 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008 22:18, Tomasz Mateja wrote:
> Jakub Bogusz pisze:
> >> What are the super-hiper features with new release of kernel??
> >> Remeber - no xorg - no compiz - no fun - kernel upgrade wont help
> >> Old glibc - new kernel - compatibility emulated - what new features?
> >
> > Usability with current hardware. Disk controllers, Ethernet adapters
> > etc.
> > Any volunteers to backport those new drivers/driver updates to 2.6.16?
>
> Use Ti??
> Or Th if you're brave??
> I dont understand why making 3 lines of distro (with all the time and
> work effort) which almost are identical (or becomes to be)

i don't understand half of the things in this world. what i do know is that we
more than 50 machines in four countries and co-ordinating distro switch is
not the easy part. especially as there doesn't exist clean upgrade procedure.
and the biggest blocker in the upgrade line is poldek: it will segfault or do
anything other funny if such big upgrade set is in it's todo list. and poldek
developmement rapidness shouldn't be news to anyone. one reason why rpm 4.4.9
is in ac-updates is to be able to actually do the ac->th upgrade with poldek.

ti exists purely because hawk does want to do things his way and don't want
anybody telling what to do and what not. and also he wanted the fresh new
stuff that was not possible to do in ac (2.4 kernel, gcc, etc).

--
glen