TeXLive again

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 17:52:29 CET 2008

Hi all!

First: happy and merry christmas!

Second: as you know, I'm working on texlive.spec. From it you can
create the packages (all platforms, except ppc), but it don't works.
Maybe it missed some %dir, and maybe(?) there are mixed (need
cleaning) but the main error: can't create a simple dvi file.
E.g. from simple 'hello.tex'
------ code ------
Hello, World!
\bye
-- end code --
can't build dvi output ("tex hello.tex").
First: you must set TEXMFMAIN environment variable (this maybe isn't
error, but would be nice when shouldn't set).
Second: it missed *.fmt and I don't know how can I create. This the
biggest problem.

So, if anyone use(d) (La)TeX and knows (a little) how it works, and
has free time, please check and try it! And correct the texlive.spec
or send me his/her suggestions.

Thanks!
  Zsolt