TeXLive again

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 16:36:52 CET 2008

> First: you must set TEXMFMAIN environment variable (this maybe isn't
> error, but would be nice when shouldn't set).
> Second: it missed *.fmt and I don't know how can I create. This the
> biggest problem.
It's done.

Next problem: sometimes needs to create fonts, and there are few possibilities:
- create the fonts to $HOME/.texlive-2008 directory - imho this is not
too good solution
- create the fonts to /var/lib/texmf (or any other directory) - it's
the better, but there are problems with this.
It must be writeable by all users. The idea, that its owner/group is
'texmf', and some files of texlive has sgid, doesn't work, because it
calls 'mkdir', 'cp'.

What should I do?

Zsolt