SPECS: perl-Template-Toolkit.spec - release 4: giving up for

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Sun Feb 17 19:40:27 CET 2008

Radoslaw Zielinski wrote:
> Andrzej Krzysztofowicz <ankry at green.mif.pg.gda.pl> [17-02-2008 17:41]:
> > radek wrote:
> >> -%{?with_tests:%{__make} test}
> >> +%{?with_tests:%{__make} test ||:}
> > If we ignore test errors so what is the point of performing the tests?
>
> We can see the results and are able to interpret them (known / new failures=
> ).

I am afraid nobody cares for result if a package builds succesfully. The
results are analyzed only if build fails.

IMO if you want to follow this way the only solution is to filter out
acceptable results in %build and fail if there is anything else.
Possibly too much work. Better is disabling tests by default with a comment.

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz                  ankry at mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 19 36
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology