[ac] rpm 4.4.9

Marcin Krol hawk at limanowa.net
Sun Jan 13 11:47:01 CET 2008

> i've prepared rpm 4.4.9 and poldek for ac
> any objections why not push it to ac-updates?

There weren't much problems with rpm 4.4.9 when Titanium was just Ac
with new rpm. Update was a bit tricky but then it worked without problems.

For Titanium to change rpm to 4.4.9 following things had to be done:

1. rpm.spec and macros from rpm 4.4.2 had to be manually hacked
otherwise it didn't build at all (compiler was complaining about various
things, some macros weren't expanded correctly). I assume thats what
you've already done.

2. rpm 4.4.9 was built using rpm 4.4.2. it had to be manually upgraded
using --nodeps on all builders including source builder. rpm --rebuilddb
had to be run on all builders too.

3. rpm 4.4.9 had to be rebuilt once again using rpm 4.4.9, otherwise
deps like libtool(/usr/lib64/libssp.la) were not included in packages.
rpm --rebuilddb had to be run again too.

4. Some packages had to be rebuilt so they include new deps, but if
they're disabled point 3 and 4 shouldn't be required.

M.