[ac] rpm 4.4.9

Elan Ruusamäe glen at delfi.ee
Sun Jan 13 14:07:16 CET 2008

On Sunday 13 January 2008 12:47:01 Marcin Krol wrote:
> > i've prepared rpm 4.4.9 and poldek for ac
> > any objections why not push it to ac-updates?
>
> There weren't much problems with rpm 4.4.9 when Titanium was just Ac
> with new rpm. Update was a bit tricky but then it worked without problems.
>
> For Titanium to change rpm to 4.4.9 following things had to be done:
>
> 1. rpm.spec and macros from rpm 4.4.2 had to be manually hacked
> otherwise it didn't build at all (compiler was complaining about various
> things, some macros weren't expanded correctly). I assume thats what
> you've already done.
nope. i just built and upgraded it. maybe on builders it's more complicated

> 2. rpm 4.4.9 was built using rpm 4.4.2. it had to be manually upgraded
> using --nodeps on all builders including source builder. rpm --rebuilddb
> had to be run on all builders too.
didn't had to use --nodeps, only thing was that rpm 4.4.9 used same soname
while symbols were missing, so poldek didn't startup. for builders have to
build rpm and poldek in same time. but that's impossible. however afaik
builders don't use chroot poldek, but some copy.

> 3. rpm 4.4.9 had to be rebuilt once again using rpm 4.4.9, otherwise
> deps like libtool(/usr/lib64/libssp.la) were not included in packages.
> rpm --rebuilddb had to be run again too.
those deps were disabled.

> 4. Some packages had to be rebuilt so they include new deps, but if
> they're disabled point 3 and 4 shouldn't be required.
if you mean libtool deps, then those not needed. but were there any packages
besides poldek using rpm library, as soname deps don't work (it's same for
4.4.2 and 4.4.9)

--
glen