[ANNOUNCEMENT] Bugzilla >/dev/null, switching to launchpad.net

Adam Gołębiowski adamg at biomerieux.pl
Wed Jul 16 13:03:07 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:43:25PM +0200, Mariusz Mazur wrote:
> Rationale:
> Launchpad was chosen because (a) we don't have to maintain it, (b) we don't
> have to host it (backups, whatever), (c) we don't have to develop it and (d)
> it has some nice feature for upstream integration.

hmm, as to a) and b) -- was it really so time consuming?
c) - we didn't do any development with bugzilla either,
d) like? (I'm curious)

> Oh, just to make one thing clear -- launchpad has been in use by some
> developers for some time now and all of the current RM's either are for this
> switch or don't care either way. I really hope there are no bugzilla zealots
> or launchpad haters :)

Bugzilla looked a little bit simpler to me (design, not the forms
itself). The page was also rendered faster.

It looks like launchpad doesn't send mail reports to bugs at pld-linux.org,
please fix this.

--
 http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer    | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.