[ANNOUNCEMENT] Bugzilla >/dev/null, switching to launchpad.net

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed Jul 16 13:19:13 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Adam Gołębiowski <adamg at biomerieux.pl> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:43:25PM +0200, Mariusz Mazur wrote:
>> Rationale:
>> Launchpad was chosen because (a) we don't have to maintain it, (b) we don't
>> have to host it (backups, whatever), (c) we don't have to develop it and (d)
>> it has some nice feature for upstream integration.
> hmm, as to a) and b) -- was it really so time consuming?
> c) - we didn't do any development with bugzilla either,

Bugzilla has a pile of shit instead of a nice API. We can either
depend on Ubuntu's effort or write our own tools to allow automated
crash reporting (apport.spec).

> d) like? (I'm curious)

Assigning a single bug to multiple projects/distros.

>> Oh, just to make one thing clear -- launchpad has been in use by some
>> developers for some time now and all of the current RM's either are for this
>> switch or don't care either way. I really hope there are no bugzilla zealots
>> or launchpad haters :)
> Bugzilla looked a little bit simpler to me (design, not the forms
> itself). The page was also rendered faster.

It only took two screens of scrolling to read the initial report :)

> It looks like launchpad doesn't send mail reports to bugs at pld-linux.org,
> please fix this.

Please create an account for bugs at pld-linux.org on launchpad and have
it join the PLD Bugsquad group. I can't do this as I'm not subscribed
to bugs at pld-linux.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution