Packaging .py files

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Thu Jul 17 10:42:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 02:14:35 +0200, Mariusz Mazur wrote:

>> Bullshit. The scripts that expect bash have "#!/bin/bash" in header, not
>> "#!/bin/sh".
>
> That's true only for the scripts whose authors (a) know there are distros that
> don't use bash as sh and

FALSE

using /bin/sh means using ANY POSIX shell.

Oh, BTW your 'de facto standard' reminds me Microsoft HTML - 'de facto
standard' with Microsoft extensions and incompatibilities with HTML.

> (b) give a shit. That's a minority. Doing it 'our
> way' is simply pointless (what exactly do we gain?).

The same as with AC/AM regeneration, getting rid of internal libs,
recompiling packages (hey, there are binaries available at websites,
isn't it?), keeping of FHS, separating *debuginfo*, *devel*, *static*
lang(), %doc etc etc. Let's put entire KDE4, GNOME and OOo into /opt
(who gives a shit? It Just Works). Let programs keep their configuration
in /usr/local/bin/etc (who gives a shit? It Just Works!).

I suggest discussing it all together with changing template.spec (it's
enough to unpack original binary and put them into %files section) and
changing distro name to PLbuntu (hey, small 'b' letter looks like 'D'!).

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>