Two serious problems with Ac

Jacek Rzęsista jasio at myslenice.pl.eu.org
Mon Mar 10 19:30:00 CET 2008

Monday 10 March 2008 00:22:18 Marcin Krol napisał(a):
> Hi.
>
> I was just udpating my Ac chroots used by CRI. There are two very bad
> bugs in current Ac (main + updates).
>
> 1. module-init-tools (3.2.2-3) has broken modinfo (and probably more
> stuff). It doesn't work with 2.4 kernel. Try 'modinfo piix' or any other
> module. It will say you something like
> "/lib/modules/2.4.35-1smp/drivers/ide/pci/piix.o.gz: No such file or
> directory". But file exists and has correct permissions. On 2.6.x
> kernels it works ok.
>
> Since geninitrd is using modinfo there is currently no way to generate
> initrd for 2.4.x kernels.
Hmmm,  it's seems more complicated :) All depends on version of geninitrd -
with geninitrd-8385-1 all works OK, when I've upgraded geninitrd to version
geninitrd-9000.5-1 - any try to generate initrd failed (I had communicate
something like "couldn't find module aacraid"). When I've downgraded
geninitrd - initrd was generated.
Lately I had also problem with upgrade rpm from 4.4.2 to 4.4.9 - rpm database
was cleared. Any --rebuilddb didn't help.

--
Jacek Rzęsista