pldlinux.pl for PLD Linux purposes

Wojciech Błaszkowski wojciech at blaszkowski.com
Sun Mar 23 21:58:22 CET 2008

Witam,

> > > i like that the domain does not relate to any specific country.
> >
> > My point inregistering that domain was only to protect "pldlinux" mark. I
> > hope that's not a bad idea.
>
> Ee.. but it doesn't make sense (for me).
> Thinking that way we need register (or if it's already registered - try
> to buy it) -
> {pld-linux,pldlinux,pld,linux-pld,peelde}.{com,net,org,}{ru,eu,org,net,tv,u
>k,us,} etc...

Sponsors required :)

> More domains - more problems when "owner" has problems with self and
> some day start hating pld (like pld.pl domain ;), more problems with
> hosting it, more problems with paying for it... and we can't register
> everything.
>
> For me 2 domains - pld-linux.org and pld.org.pl (historical purposes) -
> is enough. Any any other shouldn't be hosted together with pld's
> "official" domains.

Hmm.. I didn't though that matter of a domain name will be so controvertible.
No problem for me to delete that name, host on my own machines or change
present domain holder. I just want to do a good thing and now I have to
explain why I did it :(

On the other hand - there will be no problem if PLD will be well organised in
the formal way, right ? Then the "management" will decide to do things like
that on one way or another.

--
Pozdrawiam, Best regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Wojciech "Wojtosz" Błaszkowski