tex in pld

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sat May 3 20:27:48 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 19:22:23 +0200, Pawel Golaszewski wrote:

> Unmaintained tetex will finally dissapear from ftp... that is why I'm
> asking what will be lost/broken when replacing tetex with texlive...

If so - better ask about incompatibilities. I've got dozens of macros,
workarounds and other solutions for LaTeX, but some of them may be tetex
specific, dunno.

> If nothing and one can replace another we could consider putting tetex to
> (un)supported and texlive to main...

There were differences even between tetex versions - after transition to
3.0 I compared dvi files generated by former tetex 2.0 and I've noticed
different kerning (IMO it got worse).
And it's hard to say if third party addon packages work well with texlive.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>