SOURCES: rpm-mimetype.patch (NEW) - automatically generate mimetype(...) pr...

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Sun May 18 23:49:40 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Elan Ruusamäe <glen at pld-linux.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 17 May 2008 17:43, megabajt wrote:
>> Author: megabajt                     Date: Sat May 17 14:43:52 2008 GMT
>> Module: SOURCES                       Tag: HEAD
>> ---- Log message:
>> - automatically generate mimetype(...) provides for packages at build time
>>
>> ---- Files affected:
>> SOURCES:
>>    rpm-mimetype.patch (NONE -> 1.1)  (NEW)
>>    rpm-mimetypedeps (NONE -> 1.1)  (NEW)
> could you describe value from this patch? does any packagemanager process
> these? any desktop apps require such deps?

PackageKit will use such data to allow you to suggest programs when
you click a file (and no installed program handles the type).

I would also suggest adding a similar patch to fetch supported
hardware ids from kernel modeinfo and store them in Provides (so you
can plug a new type of hardware and let PackageKit find an appropriate
package).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution