CVSROOT: cvswrappers - treat patches as binary files

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Wed Nov 5 19:40:56 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 19:23:40 +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:

> No, you don't get it.

I do get it...

> foo1 is code from project X version Y.
[...]
> Now the project X releases version Z, including foo2 (with the same
[...]
> PLD applies the former patch and gets no error. Or even decides to
[...]

...and I don't argue with that from the very beginning. But it's the
patch what is broken during dumb update (which can happen even without
-l) thus I've suggested adding '-F 0' which enforces more checking, so
that probability of passing old patches is reduced.

The Question was: is there any case where _proper_ patch can do any
damage applied this way?

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>